Abraham Del Rio III
Abraham Del Rio’s insight and experience are only rivaled by his
dedication to upholding the rights
of the criminally accused. He is a former Virginia magistrate who has personally
been involved in hundreds of hearings and cases, mostly with a focus on 4th Amendment protections. Magistrates are tasked to review all sorts of criminal
complaints, either filed by law enforcement or citizens, and they regularly
serve as the first-point-of-contact for citizens.
Some of the most important duties of a magistrate include:
- Conducting bond hearings
- Processing arrest and search warrants
- Issuing or reviewing subpoenas, summonses, bonds, etc.
Through his unique experience as a magistrate, Attorney Del Rio can manage
any criminal defense case on behalf of the clients of Carlson & Collier.
For his work and efforts, he has earned several professional endorsements
from public defenders and other criminal defense attorneys.
- Regent University School of Law, JD
- Human Rights and National Security Law, University of Strasbourg, France
- Case Western Reserve University, BA
Awards and honors:
- Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers (2016 and 2015)
- Best DUI and DWI Lawyers in Richmond 2016 (Expertise.com)
- Top Lawyer 2016 by The Global Directory of Who's Who
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Richmond Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Virginia
- Esperanza Alumni Association